Book Reviews – Health Care
Reviews by Del Meyer, MD
- A Call to Action – Taking Back Healthcare for Future Generations by Hank McKinnell, 2005
- America Alone – The End of the World as we Know it by Mark Steyn, 2006.
- The American Way of Health – How Medicine is Changing and What it Means to You by Janice Castro, 1994.
- Bioterrorism: How You Can Survive by Russell L Blaylock, MD, 2001.
- The Cancer Ward by Alexander Solzhenitsyn, English Translation 1974. (Russian 1968)
- Health Care Co-Ops in Uganda – Effectively Launching Micro Health Care Groups in African Villages by George C. Halvorson, 2007.
- Healthcare Online for Dummies (www.dummies.com) by Howard Wolinsky & Judi Wolinsky, Hungry Minds, Inc, (www.hungryminds.com), 2001.
- Doctoring – The Nature of Primary Care Medicine by Eric J Cassell, MD, 1997.
- False Hopes – Why America’s Quest for Perfect Health Is a Recipe for Failure by Daniel Callahan, 1998.
- Health Care Crises – The Search for Answers Edited by Robert I Misbin, MD, Bruce Jennings, MA,
David Orentlicher, MD, JD, and Marvin Dewar, MD, JD, 1995.
- The Health Care Solution – Understanding the Crises and the Cure by C. Duane Dauner, with Michael Bowker, 1994.
- Life Without Disease – The Pursuit of Medical Utopia by William B Schwartz, MD, 1998.
- Market Driven Health Care – Who Wins, Who Loses in the Transformation of America’s Largest Service Industry by Regina Herzlinger, 1997.
- The Measure of Our Days – New Beginnings at Life’s End by Jerome Groopman, MD, 1997.
- Mortal Peril – Our Inalienable Right to Health Care? by Richard A. Epstein, 1997.
- Patient Power: The Free-Enterprise Alternative to Clinton’s Health Plan by John C Goodman, PhD and Gerald L Musgrave, PhD, 1994
- Putting Our House In Order – A Guide to Social Security & Health Care Reform by George P. Shultz and John B. Shoven, 2008
- Sutton’s Law by Jane M Orient, MD and Linda J Wright, 1997.
- Trust Betrayed – Inside the AARP by Dale Van Atta, 1998.
- Vandals at the Gates of Medicine – Historical Perspectives On The Battle Over Health Care Reform by Miguel A Faria, Jr, MD, 1998.
- Who Moved My Cheese? An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson, MD, 1998.
- Your Doctor is Not In – Healthy Skepticism about National Health Care by Jane M. Orient, MD, 1994.